Travel and tourism is constantly adjusting and adapting to meet the changing needs of consumers. Your job as a travel professional is to stay ahead of the curve. Competition is fierce - a 2019 U.S.Travel Association report showed 15.8 million American jobs are supported by travel. That’s a lot of people trying to be the best at what they do.
Get the edge by advancing your career with online travel training. Online training keeps you connected with the latest trends in travel and tourism.
Travelers are seeking new experiences and technology is changing how we reach them. Global trends like COVID-19 are driving discussions and prompting many tourism sectors to rethink how they manage and market their destinations.
RELATED: Online Destination Training
Stay relevant with the tourism essentials you need to succeed. Online travel training allows you to explore your skills and cultivate new ones.
What Can You Do?
Management training is constantly evolving. Stay current with today’s methodology and best practices with a business management course.
Brush up on what it takes to build a high-performance team or improve your leadership skills. Learn what it takes to motivate your staff or stay on top of the travel industry’s latest policy developments.
Make your management portfolio more robust with an online business management course!
A fundamental element of working in travel and tourism is the ability to communicate with clients and colleagues across the globe.
An online communications course is a great way to improve both verbal and written interactions. Speaking and writing are not everyone’s strong suits. We’ve all been in a room with the most boring presenter on the planet or gotten an email packed with errors. It’s cringe-worthy!
Wherever you land on the “ability to communicate” spectrum, you can always up your game.
Understanding what it takes to lead a meeting, present at a conference, or more effectively deal with multicultural contacts gives you a definite advantage in an inherently global industry. Learn from the experts how to improve your communication skills!
Sales and Marketing
Travel and tourism is the world’s leading industry, hands down. The World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) found that travel and tourism accounted for 10.1% of the world’s 2017 spending on accommodations, food, entertainment, transportation, and investments by travel companies.
RELATED: Promote Your Destination with Online Destination Training
That’s a LOT of successful sales and marketing! Find out how to sell your product better and smarter by paying attention to industry trends, marketing strategies, public relations campaigns, and the all-important sales funnel.
There are a million and one ways to improve your sales and marketing. Find a course that makes sense for your travel and tourism business and start growing your sales!
The goal of any business (outside of mega sales, of course) is to be as efficient and productive as possible. We want to streamline our operations and get the most from our teams.
Taking a deep dive into productivity training may seem a little daunting, but you can make it easier by breaking it down by the topics that your business needs.
For example, many of us have transitioned to remote work. Perhaps an introduction into best work from home practices is helpful. Time management is always a hot topic, as are ideas for motivating your staff.
INFOGRAPHIC: Top Online Learning Statistics For Tourism Training
RELATED: Train An Army of Tourism Ambassadors
The best thing about this course is that it’s broken into easily digestible, 30-minute chunks of valuable information. You don’t have to spend a ton of time extracting the important bits!
The Tourism Academy Takes The Lead in Online Travel Training
The Tourism Academy is the leading name in online travel training with education that takes you places. It’s a comprehensive resource hub for all sectors of the travel and tourism industry.
Your journey toward career growth, professional success and personal fulfillment starts here… on your own time and at your own pace! Whether you’re a DMO, travel organization, tour operator, or an individual seeking professional growth, The Tourism Academy will support you every step of the way. Your resume will never look better!
Bonus: Who are your stakeholders?
Bring destination stakeholders into alignment to support tourism:
Tourism Ambassadors from all possible market sectors come together to create a full visitor experience. Destinations, both big and small, can align these sectors successfully because each benefits from a positive visitor experience! Here are just a few of those who are positively impacted by your credentialed tourism ambassadors (CTA).
- Transportation hubs like Airports, Rail Stations, Bus Depots, etc.
- Activities, Attractions & Events - arts, culture, heritage, casinos, sports
- Government - City, State, Federal - elected officials like mayors and city council, government employees like police and community outreach
- Community Members - Passionate Volunteers & Local Citizens
- Conference Hotels, Convention Centers & Meeting Places
- Local Mom & Pop Shops and Downtown Merchants
- Community & Workforce Development / Economic Development
- Schools & Higher Education - colleges, universities, community colleges
- Medical Facilities - Urgent Care Centers & Hospitals
- Lodging & Hotels - home rentals, beds & breakfast, RV parks, hotels, etc.
- Bars, Clubs, Lounges & Nightlife
- Real Estate and Reinvestment Firms
- Places to Dine - coffee shops, restaurants, classy joints and local favorites
- Commercial Real Estate - malls, downtown alliances, retailers, districts, etc.
- Event Facilities - convention center, arena, theaters, concert halls, sporting events
- Modes of Transport - Uber, Lyft, taxi, cab, shuttle, public transit, local trolly, limo, motorcoach
- Tourism Promoters - Destination Marketing Organizations (DMO), Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB), Chambers of Commerce & Community Economic Development Groups
- Everyone else - Tourism Spending benefits every local person and entity through reduced taxes and economic development, including local banks, corporations, etc.
Need help aligning your community, finding tourism ambassadors or designing your tourism ambassador program? Contact us today and our expert team will be happy to help you get the results you’re looking for. Cheers!